Chiltern Railways update – social distancing and new timetable
Posted on: 13/05/20
For the last two months Chiltern Railways has supported the national response to coronavirus by operating vital rail services for key workers. Their timetable has been heavily amended and they have enhanced their cleaning regime at stations and onboard their trains. They will continue to support workers making their essential journeys as nationwide emergency measures are gradually modified. In anticipation of passenger numbers increasing, on 18th May Chiltern Railways will be adding more services to their timetable.
Plan ahead, consider others, stay safe
Chiltern Railways will be increasing the number of services which will increase their capacity further so that they can safely move more people as passenger numbers begin to increase.
Social distancing will be in place for some time, including on the railway. During this time the message to customers has three key themes: plan ahead, consider others, and stay safe.
- Allow more time for your journey
- Buy your ticket online or download the app to book tickets
- Check train times and the latest live train information before you travel
- Avoid travelling during rush hour if you can
- Follow advice from staff, on posters and on floor markings
- Be considerate to those who may be less able
- Follow government advice and only travel if you need to
- Keep your distance from other people as far as possible
- Wear a face covering if you can
From 18th May we will increase the number of services that we run. The changes below apply to each direction:
- Restoring services to/from Kidderminster
- Two trains per hour between Marylebone – Aylesbury via Amersham
- Two trains per hour between Marylebone – Oxford
- One train per hour between Marylebone and Birmingham Moor Street
- One train per hour between Marylebone and Banbury/Stratford upon Avon
- One train per hour between Marylebone and Gerrards Cross
- In the peak, up to four trains per hour between Marylebone and Aylesbury via Amersham and an additional service between Marylebone and West Ruislip.
For further information visit the Chiltern Railways website.